12.7.11

Trier

Today was a pretty good day, all in all, though it did have it's moments. My sisters, my friend, and I all took the train down to Trier for a day away from home and to shop. At the station, I sat down and the coins on the sash that I was wearing got stuck in the seats just as the train pulled up. Some of the coins came off, but hey! Stuff like that happens and I can always fix it.
We got to Trier and went to our favourite stores. I finally succumbed to the feminine side of me and bought a purse/bag/satchel/thingy, but I have to admit that it was mostly due to my mother's nagging to do so. I also found a cropped leather military style jacket. I've been searching for this jacket ever since I first saw one in 5th grade. Pathetic, I know, but if I've wanted one for this many years, then I obviously want it enough to buy it.
We decided to wander about the Galleria and get our traditional ice cream cones (we go to this one ice cream place every time we go to Trier). Which was fine until I got to the counter and the girl who served my sisters was replaced by a guy. Who smiled at me.
Now, I'm not going all "OMAHGAWD! A guy smiled at ME!" I'm going, "Oh shit, oh shit, ohshitohshitohshit." I couldn't talk right, look the guy in the eye or anything. And I felt really bad, 'cause I know from experience that customers who do this are incredibly difficult to understand. To be honest, I can't even say what the guy looked like. It was simply a horridly awkward moment for me.
Well, enough about that then. We wandered about Trier for a few more hours while it rained off and on. It was odd, but I felt like I was saying good-bye. I hope that I can go again before I leave. I might ask a friend of mine to go with me to visit the museums and such one last time soon. Who knows.
Continued:
I fell asleep while typing yesterday. Didn't wake up until about 5:30 this afternoon. I'm a bit ridiculous. xD Anyway, I'm in the middle of a Harry Potter marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment